Dated April 23, 2015, we delivered a WIPOFile pre workshop to selected IP agents/representatives. The objective of this workshop is to announce that DGIP currently prepared an online filing solution whice is called by WIPOFile (supported by WIPO). As planed before, we will integrate it with SIMPONI Ministry of Finance. We also got a good feedback from agent to enhance WIPOFile.
See you again in the next workshop
Dated March 26 to April 10, 2015 we are pleased visited by special guests from WIPO: Mr Daniel Cheng, Mr Kyaw Zaw and Mr. Christophe Jaques. The objectives of the mision are to:
- prepare electronic document management system in IPAS;
- troubleshoot some cases in IPAS;
- prepare WIPOFile for testing phase;
- update status of WIPO CASE;
- deploy WIPOPublish as internal search for Industrial Design Examiner.
See you again guys
The following are some activities related to eCopyRights as follows:
- UAT meeting with Ministry of Finance – February 18, 2015;
- Meeting with Ministry of Cooperative and SMEs – March 3, 2015;
- Road show to Ministry of Cooperative and SMEs – March 4, 2015; and
- Internal meeting with Secretariate, Directorate of Copyright and Directorate of IT – March 13, 2015.
Dated Februari 2-6, 2015 we went to WIPO Singapore Office (WSO). This activity may including:
- WIPO Workshop on Utilization of CASE Platform for Efficient and Effective ASEAN Work Sharing;
- 6th Meeting of the Task Force on ASEAN PATENT EXAMINATION COOPERATION (ASPEC); and
- 3rd ASEAN CoP for Patent Examiners 2015.
The delegation from Indonesia are Mr. Mahruzar (Patent Examiner); Mr. Aribudhi Nugroho Suyono (Patent Examiner); Mr. Didit Mohamad Anhar (Head of Section of Patent Application) and I my self (IT Officer).
The objectives of the Seminar are to:
- enhance the operational practices of ASPEC program with a more strategic and business-oriented approach;
- review the current level of ASPEC practices and the effectiveness and efficiency of WIPO CASE platform for the purposes of facilitating ASPEC process;
- make WIPO CASE a useful platform for patent examiners to learn about patent examination practices in different IP Offices and to apply them to their current work; and
- provide recommendations, including specific actions items, for enhancement and improved efficiencies of ASPEC work process.
I have been long time no write in the blog. Here’s a little summary of my activity after coming home from Japan November 2014 until end of 2014 as follows:
- WIPO-DGIPR 2 weeks mision of Mr Daniel Cheng and Mr Kyaw Zaw – WIPO CASE Introduction, Related things of IPAS and Planning cooperation 2015 – October to November 2014;
- Internal meeting with Directorate of Industrial Design – Streamlining and enhancing IPAS business process – November 19, 2014;
- Internal meeting with Directorate of Patent – Streamlining and enhancing IPAS business process – November 20, 2014;
- Meeting with NTT Data – Concerning Help Desk proposal – November 21, 2014;
- Meeting with Minstry of Finance – Concerning implementation of SIMPONI at DGIPR – November 27, 2014;
- WIPO-JPO Joint Mission to DGIPR (Mr. Juneho JANG (WIPO); Mr. Yuichiro NAKAYA and Mr. Hironori TAKIZAWA (JPO) – Review the current IT system environments; Strengthen the existing cooperation framework – December 10-11, 2014;
- Onsite training an introduction of WIPO Global Brand Database to DGIPR Trademark Examiners – December 17, 2014.
Let’s continue writing
Lucky Me, I went to Japan again to take the same workshop entitle “Training Course on the Use of Information Technology in Industrial Property Administration”. It was held on October 27 until November 7, 2014. The training course took place at the Japan Patent Office (JPO) (Website: http://www.jpo.go.jp/index.htm) and the Asia-Pacific Industrial Property Center (APIC)( Website: http://www.jiii.or.jp/english/apic/) of the Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation (JIPII).
You may refer my last post at Japan:
Partcipant came from 22 countries (It was nice). The list are as follows:
|01||Mr. Robert Chiweza||ARIPO|
|02||Mr. Mohammad Noor Hossain||Bangladesh|
|03||Mrs. Keletso Desiree Linchwe||Botswana|
|04||Mr. Gerardo Pessoa Pinto Silveira Junior||Brazil|
|05||Mr. Md. Zulfakhrur Razi Omar Ali||Brunei|
|06||Mr. Abdul Muiz Waliyuddin Dr Hj Ramlee||Brunei|
|07||Mr. Tith Seychanly||Cambodia|
|08||Mr. Alrano Andre Gonzalez Lopez||Chile|
|09||Mr. Hytham Mahmoud Mohamed||Egypt|
|10||Mr. Sameer Swarup||India|
|11||Mr. Yoga Prihastomo||Indonesia|
|12||Mr. Erick Andati||Kenya|
|13||Mrs. Dalavanh Khattignavong Sanh||Lao PDR|
|14||Mr. Faizul Hafiz B. Mohd Shamsuddin||Malaysia|
|15||Mr. Juan Manuel Hernandez Garcia||Mexico|
|16||Mrs. Buyandelger Gan||Mongolia|
|17||Mr. Kyaw Khine Lin||Myanmar|
|18||Mr. Djenarbe Moyodingam Narcisse||OAPI Cameroon|
|19||Mr. Muhammad Akbar Khan||Pakistan|
|20||Mrs. Balin Namuri||Papua New Guinea|
|21||Mr. Ronald B. Matias||Philippines|
|22||Mr. Tanawat Sukarayothin||Thailand|
|23||Mrs. Nguyen T. Thu Huong||Vietnam|
The list of subjects are as follows:
|01||Welcome Address by the JPO and APIC-JIPII||JPO, APIC|
|02||The Current Status and Future Direction of Japanese Industrial Property Administration||JPO|
|03||Visit to the JPO||JPO|
|04||An Overview of WIPO Business Modernizaiton Services, Business Development and Global Project Status||WIPO|
|05||Standards and Best Practices on the Digitization of IP Registries; Overview of WIPO Scan System as a Tool for IP Document||WIPO|
|06||Business Cases for E-Filing and Publication of IP application: WIPO File and Publication Server||WIPO|
|08||Electronic Document Management Systems; Functionality, Selection Criteria, Integration with Other Systems.||WIPO|
|09||WIPO IPAS JAVA; Enhanced Features and Capabilities for IP Office Automation, including Processing of Madrid Trademark Notifications||WIPO|
|10||Recent Developments on Regional and International Cooperation to Share IP Information to Enhance IPO Business Services and Progress on ASEAN Work Sharing||WIPO|
|11||JPO IT System||JPO|
|12||A role of Program Management Office (PMO) in the JPO||JPO|
|13||Digitization of IP Information for Efficient Work||JPO|
|14||Visit to the JPO (IT related offices)||JPO|
|15||Overview of Internet Filing||JPO|
|16||Security for Internet Filing||JPO|
|17||Data Entry Organization, Patent Application Processing Center (PAPC)||PAPC|
|18||Provision of IP Information||JPO|
|19||International IP information-sharing for work-sharing||JPO|
|20||Visit to Patent Information Fair & Conference||Science Museum||21||Explanation and Discussion on the Topic of the Participants’ interest||JPO||22||Evaluation Meeting||JPO, APIC||23||Closing Ceremony||JPO, APIC|
First week, the course is lead by WIPO:
1. Mr. Juneho JANG (Head, Business Development Section, IPOBSD)
2. Mr. Kyaw ZAW (Regional Expert, WIPO Singapore Office)
In this this week, we also have to present our country report. IMHO, I learned many things from each participant (especially from IPAS country). Some of them came from technical guys like me. We got new friends from this course and again we learned Japanese culture.
Second week, the course is lead by JPO. Lucky us, We visited Patent Information Fair & Conference at Science Museum and we got extra holiday on Monday. So, thanks to WIPO, JPO, APIC who delivered a great training course. Keep in touch my friends.
Warm Regards from Jakarta
Dated October 23, 2014, Mr. Karjono delivered presentation entitled “Sumber Data dan Informasi dari Dokumen Paten” at Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia – Pusat Dokumentasi dan Informasi Ilmiah (LIPI-PDII). As we know, DGIPR administer, manage and disseminate patent information (document) in Indonesia. IMHO, our office should: increase the speed of examination (granting process), make a simple annuity calculation, give an incentives to local inventor, improve quality of examination and last one join WIPO CASE as depositing office (I hope). So, in the future, patent application from local will increase significantly.
I always imagine, someday, patent application from local is bigger than trademark application. #IHope
Dated October 17, 2014 at Secretariate Meeting Room, there was meeting between Supreme Audit Board (Badan Pemeriksa Keuangan – BPK) and DGIPR. BPK presented result (draft) of audit in DGIPR. The audit including finance and performance of DGIPR. From IT side, we give them information/data from IPAS for further processing. They also clarify some information concerning IT policy. This meeting focussed on Directorate of Trademark.
I’m personally love this audit (especially in performance audit).
As planned before, we will use IPAS as backend automation system for Copyrights. Dated October 15-16, 2014 at Park Hotel Cawang Jakarta, there was meeting between Directorate of Copyrights and Directorate of Information Technology. In this meeting, we discussed about workflow, office document template, user document, role/authorization and also regulation. FYI, In this month, our parlement (Dewan Perwakilan Rakyat) agreed with new regulation for Copyrights that we were proposed.
In technical point of view, some consideration that we might consider as follows: translation of user interface, data migration (old system and other manual processes), integration between offline and online system, electronic document management system (in this case, we had around 80% backfiles already scanned), etc. So, let’s pray, see you on production time.
This was another side job for me. Dated September 10, 2014, we had meeting with Secretary of DGIPR regarding Secretariate Information Application. First plan, we only considered this apps just for Human Resources Division. Furthermore, after some while, Mr. Razilu wanted other Division under Secretariate also utilized it. I already prepared prototype for presentation. I got some feedbacks during my presentation.
In next meeting, I tried to improve some parts including: look and feel (theme), plugins and etc. The final prototype was ready at that moment, but in fact, I should go to Japan for 2 weeks IT Training. So, I hope this November, we can launch this application to DGIPR Internal. See you on production time.